- This event has passed.
Poets in Action
March 26 @ 2:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Race on over to witness these Poets in Action!
- Hosted by the forever fabulous emcee, Lyta Blunt, with three headlining poets, a delicious food cart, a story booth, and an open mic, this is a Sunday afternoon at the Museum you won’t want to miss.
- This event is the culminating celebration of the “Racing to Change Exhibit,” at the Lane County History Museum, which tells the story of Black experiences in Oregon highlighting those right here in Lane County. (The original exhibit was created by the Oregon Black Pioneers with added content by the Museum of Natural and Cultural History.)
- Sunday, March 26th | 2pm | Lane County History Museum | 740 W 13th St Eugene OR
- This event was created and funded by the Lane County History Museum in partnership with Eugene-Springfield NAACP, DayintheLife Entertainment, and Wordcrafters in Eugene.
- Sliding Scale Admission, $5-15
You can join the fantastic line up of poets and word artists during the open mic section of this event!
- Pick your favorite poem or story to share, or come up with something new (time restriction 1-3 minutes) relating to the idea of “Racing to Change.”
- Click this link to secure your spot on the Open Mic signup sheet